Picked from our backyard, the peach tree finally produces some fruit worth eating.
Homemade peach + blueberry pie, affirmation that life is truly good in pie-form.
I cut up a slice of warm, tartly-sweet pie in a mug and put in a dollop of Egg-less vanilla ice cream with crushed twix bars. Even in 99degree weather this was amazing. Thanks to David+Alison for the idea and the help!
Peach Pie [modified]:
- 10 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- Mix flour, sugar and butter into crumb stage. Add 1tbsp cornstarch, 1/4 tsp Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg into the mix (opt.)
- Place one crust in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate. Line the shell with some sliced peaches and a handful of blueberries for tartness (opt.) Sprinkle some of the butter mixture on top of the peaches, then put more peaches on top of the the crumb mixture. Continue layering until both the peaches and crumbs are gone.
- Top with lattice strips of pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, or until crust is golden. Allow pie to cool in the oven for 1-2 hours to allow juice to reduce.